I’ve actually made some progress tonight! Timers are now reorganising themselves nicely one they finish - moving to ‘finished timers’ from ‘running timers’ as necessary.
Not that I hardcoded the app to start a 10 second timer every time for the purposes of this demo - it’s not a bug!
More to do…
Well, I’d hoped to get a load done this end, but I’ve pretty much done nothing. Crap. However, I have now made a list of everything I think I have left to implement / tidy up in order to reach 1.0.
I’ve also added the ability to play / pause timers in the running timers list (shown on the screenshot above), so that’s something I guess.
Phew! After days of doing naff all, I finally feel like I’ve made some progress. Note that this is very very rough, and it’s going to look much nicer than it currently does. I just want to get the functionality right before focussing on the aesthetics.
Here’s a very quick video showing the top level of Presets, as well as adding a Quick Timer to the list of currently running timers (where timers are shown and tick down and whathaveyou).
It’s getting there, but still lots to do!
Slow progress the past few days. 20 days left; I need to pick up the pace!
It’s still early days, and it’s very rough, and it doesn’t actually do a lot yet, and those labels are bugging me because they’re not properly aligned, but it’s already starting to look like a real app. Exciting!
Tools of the trade.
I’m developing my app on a MacBook Pro and deploying/testing on an iPod touch (2nd generation) and occasionally on my iPhone 3G. Ideally I’d like to be working with something with a retina display and multitasking, but these will suffice for now.